Friday, December 9, 2011

The Silver Line

(A scene of metro restraunt, a well dressed girl 'Megha' who seemed uncomfortable with a boy 'Karam' who on the other hand is much focussed on the girl, though he looks to be in some trouble, dressedup as a freak.....they have not seen each other in last few years...)

 

After an unhealthy coversation....
when silence drops in between them...

Karm: So??????????[pale faced]
 
Megha: (smiled heavily) nothing...sab wahi....(raised eybrows)
 
Karm: mm....okay......so...what do you think we are doing here?
Megha: yes,even I was thinking so...
Karm: No...
 
Megha :what???
Karm: Nothing...
Megha : what do you mean?
Karm: I mean that you are lying...
Megha: who are you to judge that? what do you think you are???[anger on her face]
 
Karm: ok...let it!

(He turns his face away from Megha,,,and looks deeply into the fishes diving in and around the fish box kept on their side...Megha felt a sigh of relief..that for a moment she is not her attraction)

"Tell me what I am thinking...? I mean what I look like doing right now????" [depressed with the girl]
 
Megha:[lost her patience]" you were staring at me...whole the time....!"
"all the time...!!" 
[felt ashamed telling this]

Karm
: "Really....was I?" [his eyes widened with surprise]

"I don't think so..I could never do like that even if I wanted to,

If i had been staring at you,, I woudn't have noticed that the girl sitting behind me has habit of shaking his head every now n then,the woman adjacent to you is wearing a saree that has caught your attention when you were talking to me, that there are 8 round tables and all of dem have 4 chairs except the one which we are using... if i had been looking at you,I wouldn't be knowing that the olderly person who was cleaning the floor, dropped the liquid over your new sandals...how would I have known that  the among all the waitress here...one is 
Ambidexter...."
 
Megha: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (jaw dropped.........she paused for a moment..nothing goes in her head.....)
"ok....""then tell me what I was thinking?"

Karm looked staright into her eyes...didnt anwser and stood up...decides to get coffee for them...the order he placed a while ago.


The boy moved to d counter firmly, like he cares for no one else in this world,,,,
grabs the coffee plate...didnt noticed that the women on the counter gave him a million dollar smile.


Megha seemed eagerly waiting for him...she knows that she in her own ways admire Karm..but she took this as her guilt...always...!
Karm comes...kept the plate on the table...and sits...


Karm: "you were thinking about me..............."

 
Megha: ".............................."
(she kept staring in his eyes....she doesnt want to lose this moment)
 
Karm: "you were lost thinking about me when i left for a while just now,but............even if you try to trace that whether you were thinking about me you would now find nothing...you are lost somewhere..."
 
Megha: (tears roll down her eyes)

................she remains silent for a while................................she got the feeling that Karm knows her well...but.......there would be no reason he should...they never exchanged their thoughts in past,except hiding the admiration for each other in themselves for long...they had nothing in common.

all of a sudden..she realizes that not everything happening at the moment is believable..she was amazed by the boy...she had now fear on her face...a thrill that made her to think ..that its like a dream...
something unreal...

"tell me...
"
 
Karm:"???????" [waiting for her response]

Megha: "tell me..What Are you...what's going in your mind?"

Karm
: "You always expect things to be real, this life, love..care..everything,....everyting.. even this table...but not all the things are..."

Megha: "I know.."
@##$@!..


Karm:[interfered in between her] "no..you don't...you could never expect things to be unreal..."
"Can you imagine this table being not here...i mean nothing exists....here...."[knocking on the table]

Megha: "okay...alright....I do...whats the deal...there is no table...here..so??"

Karm: "See..you cant even imagine that..."
..........Megha felt awkward.............

(he continues)"if you had...you would have first grabbed the coffe plate...as there is no table to support it anymore...
"
 
Megha: (all puzzled)!@#$%^&*(#$%^&*

(weeping and pleading)

"Please...please tell me..who are you????"

 
Karm: "darling...!"
"there is a fine silver line between real and unreal....
I am that Silver Line.........!
"
(Dead Silence on her face, she kept staring at him.............................................................)

4 comments:

  1. such a heart touching conversation...you are becoming novelist... keep it up Sangam Babu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful POST....Loved the theme, the setting, characters, the story, the symbols and the formatting

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nukta: Thanks :)
    Such appreciation matters to me a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete